Hosting a Baby Shower? Pro Tips from Peighton
- May 1, 2020
- / Dubsdread Catering
- / planning-catering,featured
Hosting a Baby Shower? Peighton' Pro Tip - It’s About the Little Things
Focus on the small, personal details to make it an unforgettable event.
When a little one is on the way, hosting a baby shower for the mom-to-be is the perfect way to show her the love and support of family and friends. The Dubsdread Catering team is here to offer you tips on planning an unforgettable event for the mom-to-be and your guests.
- Creative Setup – Begin by picking a theme or concept that relates to your guest of honor. Small, personal details that relate to the mom-to-be is always a good place to start. Use the theme as inspiration for center pieces, tables, photo backdrop and décor to tie the entire room together. Pull colors and theme through to your food and drink selections by choosing menu items that match the theme; by decorating the stations for snacks, desserts, and drinks; and get creative with the names for the items you are serving your guests. You could even integrate a special drink whose color corresponds with the gender of the baby or matches the theme in another way.
- Get Crafty – A baby shower is the perfect opportunity for the mom-to-be to get crafty with her closest friends while also creating things that she and the baby will use in the future. Guests can paint bibs, create onesies, or even make an ABC’s book. These items are not only useful at the beginning, after time, they become personal keepsakes for the mom-to-be as well. Our team has put together a Pinterest board with ideas to get you started.
- Game Time – Consider adding some fun and friendly competition to your event. Games are a great way to get everyone involved and they can be included throughout the entire event or only a small portion of it. Games such as a diaper changing contest or guess the baby food flavor are always popular. Another interactive event for all guests is the “Don’t Say Baby” game where everyone starts with one clothespin on their shirt, and If they say “Baby” their pin can be “stolen” by another guest, and whoever has the most pins when time is called is the winner. Prizes and a table for the prizes is another way to incorporate your theme and your thanks for your guests.
- All of the Advice – At the baby shower, take advantage of the fact that the mom-to-be might have some experienced moms around her. Create a sheet, poster, or book where guests can give write down bits of advice for the mom-to-be that they wish they had been given. This is a great way for experienced moms to impart words of wisdom and guidance to the mom-to-be in thoughtful way that can be kept for inspiration after the baby has come.
- A Final Favor – Although not expected at a baby shower, a favor is a great way to bring the event to an end. One fun thing to do is to incorporate the favor into the party by having guests decorate their own favor such as a unique dessert or a wine glass. Something they can personalize to their style and taste, but still as “thank you”. Or, you can send them home with a small token of appreciation, like a small bottle of champagne or box of chocolates, with a personal message attached to thank them for attending.
When it’s time to host a baby shower, our experienced team at Dubsdread Catering works with you every step of the process and will share what has worked, what hasn’t, and ideas for making your event a memorable one for both the mom-to-be as well as your other guests.
Peighton Ballant is an Event Specialist with the Dubsdread Catering Team and is currently working on her Event Management degree at UCF. Peighton enjoys working with clients to discover what they are most interested in bringing to their special event, and how to make those ideas come to life. Contact her today at [email protected].