What Orlando Venue Is Right For You? Pro Tips from Peighton
- January 10, 2020
- / Dubsdread Catering
- / venues-events,weddings,orlando wedding events,wedding venue Orlando Florida
Dubsdread Catering Event Specialist Peighton Ballant Shares Her Experience
There are hundreds of thousands of venues to choose from for your big day, and even more details that differentiate one from the next. With so many options out there, how are you supposed to narrow down your choices? Dubsdread Catering has experience in working with venues all throughout Central Florida, and our event specialists are here to help you figure out the pros and cons of each to guide you in selecting the best venue for your needs.
- SIZE: One of the first decisions you may make is whether the wedding is going to be a small intimate event, or an all-out large party. Venue size is extremely important to consider, as it may be able to fit your desired guest count, but will it be able to fit them comfortably? Will there be enough space for a dance floor for you and your guests, as well as a DJ? Pro Tip: Request some floor plans or pictures that show how your guest count will fit into the venues space.
- TYPE: Most people know the type of setting they would like their wedding to take place in, and in Central Florida, there are plenty to choose from. Pro Tip: Whether you are looking for rustic barns, open fields, historic ballrooms or manicured gardens, research and tour all types of venues before determining your final pick. Venues may be categorized one way but might also incorporate qualities that can appeal to your event, even if they are not listed that way. Once you have a specific type in mind, use wedding size, location relevance, and must-haves to further narrow your list.
- LOCATION: Location can be every bit as important as type of location and size of your event. Finding a venue that is easily accessible to all the guests you would like to attend your wedding can be key to getting the most RSVPs. Pro Tip: If you have a lot of people coming from out of town, ensure your venue is near local hotels so traveling is not an issue. Or, if you just have to have your reception at that rustic out-of-the-way place, then you may want to consider transportation in your budget to assure the guests you want to be there are able to get there easily.
- WHAT IS INCLUDED: A good thing to take into consideration is what a venue provides to you at no additional cost or as part of your package. Do they include staffing, tables, chairs, plates and silverware? If not, what do these costs do to your budget? Having a venue provide these necessities to your wedding may be a huge money saver, but there may also be a downside. What a venue provides to you may not fit into your desired color scheme for the wedding ceremony or reception. Pro Tip: Ask to see exactly what the venue provides to you as well as the design and color of these items to determine if you need to bring in your own, if you’re allowed to, and what the cost may be to do so.
- RESTRICTIONS: If you have an exact idea of what your dream wedding is, it is essential to know whether specific venues will prevent you from fulfilling this dream. If you are looking for an elegant wedding with candles lighting up the room, make sure the venue will allow an open flame. Considering having your four-legged friend part of your big day? We have some tips on the best ways to incorporate your pet into your big day, but you must make sure you pre-approve this with your venue before you book. Pro Tip: See what restrictions there are for vendors. Is the caterer you want on the list? Can you take video and still photograph in all areas of the venue? Having a list of your “must-haves” will allow you to ask before signing to assure there are no surprises later.
- RECEPTION & CEREMONY LOCATION: A good thing to think about is if you want your ceremony and reception at the same venue or have them separate. Does a venue you’re interested in allow for ceremony-only events? Pro Tip: Whether they are at the same venue or not, make sure your desired ceremony space allows for the type of service you prefer, indoor or outdoor ceremony, and that there is an established backup plan in case of weather or other issues. You will also need to consider the costs that may be associated with transportation if they are at separate venues and having to pay for two venue rentals. However, having them at two individual locations can be a fun way to bring in two different themes to your wedding.
When it comes to planning a wedding, the process can be overwhelmingly, especially at the beginning with so many options and ideas. The Dubsdread Catering Team is here to help you every step of the way. From helping select just the right venue to completing your perfect menu and drink services, our team will make sure every detail is perfect for your special day.
Peighton Ballant is an Event Specialist with the Dubsdread Catering Team and is currently working on her Event Management degree at UCF. Peighton enjoys working with prospective couples to discover what they are most interested in bringing to their special day, and how to make those ideas come to life. Contact her today at [email protected].