Color Trends For 2021 Spring Events
- December 11, 2020
- / Dubsdread Catering
- / planning-catering,featured
Spruce up your style or event décor by adding a pop of Spring's trending colors. Dubsdread Catering Event Specialist Peighton Ballant Shares Her Event Planning Insights.
As 2020 comes to an end and we welcome 2021, it’s also time to welcome a whole new set of trendy colors to consider for events happening after the new year. According to the Pantone Color Institute, there’s ten colors you should be keeping an eye out for that are able to be incorporated into nearly any occasion. These cheerful and soft colors scream Spring and will be sure to brighten the day of everyone around them, as well as keep you in style:
- MARIGOLD – A soft, comforting orange.
- CERULEAN – The gentle color of the sky on a nice, spring day.
- RUST – An earthy red/brown that is equally as soothing as it is bold
- ILLUMINATING – A bright yellow reminiscent of a sunny day that will be sure to stand out.
- FRENCH BLUE – An inviting blue that will compliment any of these Spring colors.
- GREEN ASH – A softer version of Mint to liven up the party.
- BURNT CORAL – A more neutral color that can be dressed up or down.
- MINT - A daring green that will be sure to catch everyone’s eye.
- AMETHYST ORCHID - A striking purple that exudes confidence.
- RASPBERRY SORBET – A lively pink that can add a nice pop of color to any occasion.
Pantone also included a few neutral, year-round colors that can tone down the more vibrant colors of Spring:
- Buttercream – A richer version of ivory or off-white
- Desert Mist – A warm and light sienna
- Willow – An earthy green-brown
The variety of all these colors gives so many combination options for event décor, or even your fashionable closet. Combine Raspberry Sorbet, Mint, and Amethyst Orchid for a flawless Easter celebration. Use Burnt Coral or Green Ash as a trendy linen color for any event you may be throwing, or even use Illuminating if you’re feeling bold. Cerulean could also be the perfect color for bridesmaids’ dresses and groomsmen ties.
Whatever occasion you may be planning, these Spring 2021 colors will liven up the scene and will most definitely make a statement. A lot of these colors are very bright and bold, so if they feel a little intimidating at first, combine them with one of the more neutral colors. A new year means a new you, so it’s the perfect opportunity to experiment with some things that may be a little out of your comfort zone. And you can always check out our Pinterest board to get some ideas of good color combinations: https://www.pinterest.com/DubsCatering/color-schemes/.
And, when it comes to these colors, whether you decide to use them in fashion or décor, the most important thing is to have fun with it. So, get out there and create an unforgettable event or a trendy outfit that will be sure to get everyone in the Spring spirit.
Peighton Ballant is an Event Specialist with the Dubsdread Catering Team and is currently working on her Event Management degree at UCF. Peighton enjoys working with clients to discover what they are most interested in bringing to their special event, and how to make those ideas come to life. Contact her today at [email protected].