Vendor Partner Spotlight: Eddie the Shaman - Wedding Officiant
- April 15, 2022
- / Dubsdread Catering
- / weddings,orlando wedding,planning-catering,featured
An Interview with Eddie the Shaman - Wedding Officiant Services
At Dubsdread Catering we are proud to become dedicated members of your event team and are happy to share our knowledge and experience about planning for your big event, including finding the right vendor partners for your unique needs. Led by owner Eddie Wilder, Eddie the Shaman is one of our partner vendors dedicated to making your special day perfect. Based in Central Florida, Eddie the Shaman specializes in custom, non-traditional, traditional, and creative concept weddings.
Here Eddie shares his experience and answers to some frequently asked questions:
- How long have you been in the industry?
- I have been performing Fun Spiritual Ceremonies for 22 years. I officiated the second wedding of my career at The Historic Dubsdread Ballroom in 2000!
- How many ceremonies do you do annually? (can be approx. of course)
I average between 15 to 30 weddings per year.
- What is your favorite part of the ceremony planning process?
I use a creative visualization technique so the couple can create in their minds a vision of what the ceremony will LOOK and FEEL like. I do a lot of Destination Weddings, and often times the couple hasn’t seen the wedding venue in person until the day before the ceremony. With my visualization technique, I help couples work through the space and share descriptions based on previous ceremonies. My all-time favorite part though, is the "7 Second Rule" for the kiss! I always tell my couples when they book to, “Start Practicing!”
- How would you describe your style?
I am definitely a one-of-a-kind, high energy, person. I want to make you laugh and make you cry! The best descriptions are courtesy of previous couples. I suggest getting an idea of my style by visiting my Wedding Wire page to read my reviews. They give a great picture of what you could expect.
- What kind of packages do you offer?
My services include sending you copy from ceremonies to review, cut, and paste into something that reflects you. Then we have a conference call to discuss the details. Finally, it’s showtime and I perform the ceremony!
- How far in advance do you recommend couples book their officiant?
If it is going to include travel, I recommend at least a year so everyone can make plans or you could always pick your date using numerology for example, 2/22/22.
- What advice do you give to couples when choosing an officiant?
Be sure to get an officiant who can be what YOU want them to be. That's why I am non-denominational. I accept everyone!
- What is a pet peeve of yours during the planning process? (something the couple may not be aware of)
I would recommend getting the ceremony text to the officiant as soon as possible so they are familiar with what you want said and also the pronunciation of names. Also, I suggest that maybe you don't write your personal vows on hotel stationary the day of the wedding. It’s worth the time and effort to think it through before the big day.
- What sets you apart from other officiants?
Besides being listed as Eddie the Shaman?!?!? Obviously, I use humor before and during the ceremony to keep the couples relaxed and in the moment!
Want to learn more about Eddie the Shaman? Visit him online at: https://eddietheshaman.com/
Photography courtesy of Eddie the Shaman.