Venue Spotlight – Orlando Museum of Art
- March 20, 2020
- / Dubsdread Catering
- / venues-events,orlando wedding events,wedding venue Orlando Florida,orlando wedding,featured
Cultured. Cosmopolitan. Refined.
The Orlando Museum of Art offers a cultured, cosmopolitan, and refined venue for your wedding or social event. Ideally located between Downtown Orlando and Winter Park in Orlando's Loch Haven Park, this space has many options, is expansive and can be transformed to accommodate an intimate affair or a large celebration.
The Rotunda, a large semicircular room with white marble floors, soaring ceiling and full-length glass windows and doors offers the perfect space for sit-down or banquet-style event and wedding receptions.
A full museum rental with gallery access is a unique option that allows your guests to explore the collections while also enjoying your special day or event.
Hosting Your Event at the Orlando Museum of Art
The Orlando Museum of Art offers a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, each providing a unique backdrop for your special day including:
- CITY OF ORLANDO SCULPTURE PLAZA - Artwork abounds even outside of the Museum, specifically in our Sculpture Plaza, located directly outside of the Rotunda. This open space allows for outside events surrounded by our rotating sculpture exhibitions, with the ability to entertain under the grand entrance of the Museum.
- COUNCIL OF 101 GRAND GALLERY HALL - Luxurious appointments, including a marble floor, rich wood paneling, 30-foot ceiling and a spectacular use of both natural and ambient lighting, create an elegant atmosphere for even the largest reception or ceremony. This space may also be used in conjunction with Council of 101 Meeting Rooms A, B, and C to provide a dinner facility for up to 250 guests.
- COUNCIL OF 101 MEETING ROOMS A, B & C - Floor to ceiling windows provide a park view in Meeting Room A. Rich wood paneling, plush carpet and flexible space options enable a “custom fit” for a variety of event designs including single room use for buffets or dessert tables, lounge spaces and more. Rental options include the use of these plush, carpeted spaces independently or in conjunction with each other. These are commonly used with the Rotunda for receptions of 150 or more guests.
- SUNTRUST AUDITORIUM - This fully accessible 250-seat space has excellent acoustics if you want to show your love on stage. Graduated seating assures maximum viewing from all seats for a non-traditional ceremony space.
- FULL MUSEUM - Renting the Full Museum for your wedding gives you and your guests the opportunity to enjoy all the spaces our beautiful facility has to offer. All galleries are open for the duration of the rental and gallery security is provided. Full Museum Rentals are encouraged for weddings with 250+ guests.
- GALLERIES - Allow your guests to experience the fine art from the Museum’s own permanent collection of 19th and 20th century American Art as well as outstanding traveling exhibits. Our beautiful galleries provide a premiere entertainment locale and a unique experience for guests prior to the start of your reception.
Orlando Museum of Art amenities and points of interest:
- Unique museum venue with interesting architecture features and spaces
- For a one-of-kind opportunity, say, “I do,” in front of a priceless work of art, Chihuly's Cobalt & Citron glass tower, under a domed skylight.
- Wedding ceremony and receptions can take place between 5:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- Social/Corporate events can be booked in 4-hour time blocks
- Event Assistance - Orlando Museum of Art Event Coordinator who will work closely with client(s) and vendors to ensure that the wedding proceeds smoothly and efficiently.
- Up to 250 Guests
- Dramatic photo options throughout property
- Convenient to downtown Orlando
- Easy and accessible parking area for guests
- Private Bridal Waiting Areas- A variety of rooms are available for the bride and her wedding party to prepare for her entrance. The private waiting area is selected based upon the bride’s ceremony location.
- Event Green Rooms - A variety of rooms are available for guests to wait in depending on the format of the event or if there are performers or special surprise guests.