Venue Spotlight – Orlando Science Center
- January 31, 2020
- / Dubsdread Catering
- / venues-events,featured
Unique, Dramatic and Fun
The Orlando Science Center offers unique event spaces and dramatic backdrops, including a roof-top view of downtown Orlando, the opportunity to dine with dinosaurs, or dance under the stars and planets, that are sure to make your special day memorable for you and your guests.
About the Orlando Science Center
The Orlando Science Center was incorporated in 1955 as the Central Florida Museum and opened in Orlando Loch Haven Park in 1960. The existing facility opened in 1997 and each level is constructed around a circular rotunda featuring interactive science exhibits and entertainment. The architecture and style provide for dramatic visuals and unique photo opportunities.
Hosting Your Event at the Orlando Science Center
The Orlando Science Center offers a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, each providing a unique backdrop for your special day including:
- DinoDigs - DinoDigs exhibit hall is a one-of-a kind event space where guests can dine and dance among the dinosaurs.
- SunTrust Terrace - Make the dramatic Orlando skyline the backdrop for your wedding reception, ceremony or cocktail hour on the SunTrust Terrace. From sunset ceremonies to receptions under the stars, this outdoor space is truly breathtaking. (DinoDigs is offered as a reception weather back-up for the SunTrust Terrace.)
- Our Planet - Say “I do” in space with a globe featuring projected images of the Earth and the solar system. This exhibit hall is intimate and transitions nicely into an interactive cocktail hour.
Your closest friends and family will never forget a celebration filled with dinosaurs and stargazing… and neither will you.
Additional venue amenities include:
- Tables and chairs - (12) 60'' round reception tables seating 8 guests comfortably per table, (100) black or white resin chairs used for reception only, (10) 6' tables, (10) cocktail tables and (1) cake table included. Additional and upgraded tables and chairs must be rented through Orlando Science Center.
- Event Assistance - Orlando Science Center Event Coordinator who will work closely with client(s) and vendors to ensure that the wedding proceeds smoothly and efficiently.
- Event Staff - Event labor, including set/strike staff, house manager, greeter, janitorial staff, and event staff included.
- Wedding ceremony and receptions can take place between 6:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- Ceremony rehearsal scheduled before 4:00 p.m. the week prior to wedding.
- Room diagrams created using AllSeated software. As wedding date approaches, event staff will invite client and caterer to login to customize seating arrangements, wedding timeline and more.
Orlando Science Center at a Glance
- Unique museum venue with interesting architecture features and spaces
- Three unique event spaces: DinoDigs exhibit hall; SunTrust Terrace; and OurPlanet exhibit hall
- Outdoor ceremony and reception space on the SunTrust Terrace features a dramatic Orlando skyline backdrop, plus DinoDigs is offered as weather back-up
- Digital signage monitors available for personalization
- Unique T-Rex signage available
- Up to 300 Guests
- Entire level/event spaces closed to museum visitors for your private event
- Dramatic photo options throughout property
- Convenient to downtown Orlando
- Complimentary garage parking with covered access into the building
- Dressing rooms available